BLYTH, John Balfour
BLYTH, John Balfour 1
• Family: Possible Parents of John Balfour BLYTH, 1874, Dundee Angus Scotland. 1 R.B.Anderson :- Alex BLYTH could not be a parent of John Balfour BLYTH because he was born about 1807 which is the same date as was John born. But given a year or so plus/minus Alex could be the Brother of John Balfour BLYTH.
• Family: Possible Mother of grandson James B Mills, 1881, Dundee Angus Scotland. 1
• Occupation: Master Tailor. Master Tailor
• Occupation: Tailor also possibly a spirit dealer living at 57 Albert St. Dundee, 1881, Dundee Angus Scotland. 1
• Family: Possible additional son, John Henderson Blyth: Dundee Angus Scotland. 1 We have added a son John Henderson BLYTH who married Mary FYFFE and who had a son William Langlands Blyth, Ref: C112823/31660, but we cannot find confirmation of this. See also under John Henderson BLYTH where it is noted that he may have had a brother who emigrated to Australia.
• Burial, 1891. 2 Howff Cemetery Records, Dundee, Scotland record 3810 shows a burial for Jane Balfour Blyth 27 Jan 1891 Aged 84. According to the Dundee City Archives, this is a transcription error and should be the burial of John Balfour Blyth in New Howff Cemetery Plot 1268A
• Death. In a record of a plaque erected by David and Alexander Blyth in memory of their mother Marjory Ferguson, he died on the 20 Jan 1891 at age 85. This makes his birth date abt 1806, or one year earlier than presently understood.but accepted as most probable.
• Web Site. The following Web Sight URL was received by R.B.Anderson on the 25th April 2010. http://www.griquatownandersons.com/blyth-des/dl.htm It was headed :- Decscedants of John Balfour Blyth 1807-1891
• Introduction. John Balfour Blyth is the furthest back we have been able to trace. I am indebted to Chris Pattison (a decendant of David Weeber Blyth) in New Zealand and Rona Kennedy (descendant of John Alexander Blyth) previously from Zimbabwe and now living near Fish Hoek in Cape Town for the information on John Balfour Blyth. Also Ralph Anderson a great grandson of John Balfour Blyth. He has traced the whole Anderson line which can be found on the website http://griquatownandersons.com
• Introduction. Robert George Kinnear Blyth has undertaken considerable reseach into the Descendants of John Balfour Blyth and I, Ralph Blyth Anderson am indebted to him to allow me to add any new data to my own research which is formatted on Legacy and also reflected on our family website http://griquatownandersons.com kept by my son Edward in Toronto, Canada
• Proof of Family Connection: Chris Paterson 2014 Note. There is still a lot of work to do on my Scottish ancestors. J.B. BLYTH appears to have been an interesting man, and I need to ensure that all the information I have found on him is correct.
• Death, Jan 25, 1891. Death Date: 25 Jan 1891 (just missing the 1891 census), age 84
John married Mary PEAT Abt Jul 1826/7 in Dundee Angus Scotland. (Mary PEAT was born Abt Sep 1805/9 in Cupar, Fife, Scotland and died on Jul 1, 1834 in Dundee.)
John next married Marjory FERGUSON on Nov 24, 1834 in Dundee Angus Scotland. (Marjory FERGUSON was born in 1801, died on Mar 22, 1855 in Dundee Scotland and was buried on Mar 24, 1855 in Constitution Road Cemetary Dundee, No.1861.)
John next married Christina COUTTIE on Jul 2, 1855 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland. (Christina COUTTIE was born about 1821 in Forfarshire, Dundee, Scotland 3 and died on Mar 22, 1865 in Dundee, Scotland.)
John next married Mary FYFE.
John next married Christine COUTTIE.
1)Christopher Alan Pattison 2) Robert George Kinnear Blyth, Descendants of John Balfour BLYTH (1) A 22 page pamphlet, copied from an E-mail attachment sent to me by the author and
2) A 24 page pamphlet also sent as an E'mail attachment
The basic data from these two reports have been transcribed into a LEGACY program the latest version is Legacy 188.8.131.52 Built 25 Jan 2011), Recorded by Chris Alan Pattison. Cit. Date: Jul 3, 2003.
2 Dundee City Archives.
System, E-mail Plus Data (A System Ploy for adding miscellaneous data from various non official sources).